Introducing the first European network of helicopter academies.
June 14, 2022 sees the launch of the first European network of independent helicopter academies. The network will be supported by a new website: https://www.lha.eu. The Leading Helicopter Academies of Europe (LHA) is committed to raising standards, by combining their strengths and industry knowledge. Providing better services, training and support for governments, organizations and other helicopter companies. Offering superior instruction to both aspiring and experienced pilots. Not just developing piloting skills, but also tailoring talents to the professional needs and requirements of the helicopter market.
“We’re proud to be working with like-minded, quality oriented flying academies in Europe. Each member has their own area of expertise, so we can learn a lot from each other. More importantly, together we can offer the best training for all kinds of roles and missions. This will benefit both our students and clients”, said Jeroen Peddemors, owner of HeliCentre.
The LHA has a combined fleet of 150 helicopters, providing over 16,000 hours of training every year. Offering over 80 flight instructors at 22 bases all over Europe. Which means that pilots can learn to fly in all types of terrain and weather conditions, for all kinds of roles and missions. From ab-initio to specialised operations, customised to specific requirements. The network supports the full spectrum of specialisms. Professional qualifications, across a wide range of skills, ratings and missions (IR, MCC, PBN, ME, SPO, etc.). Over 3,000 helicopter pilots have already been trained by members of the LHA.
All LHA members are EASA Approved Training Organisations (ATO), or expert providers of advanced and specialised training services. It’s the ideal way for newly graduated pilots to launch their career, because they can use this network to find suitable openings with governments and large helicopter operators. Also, members are always looking to work with the best young talents.
The ten founding members of the Leading Helicopter Academies are European Helicopter Center (Norway), Heli Austria Flight Academy, Helibravo (Portugal), HeliCentre (Netherlands), Heli-flight (Germany), Helicopter Groundschool (Belgium), LION Helicopters (Czech Republic), Mountainflyers (Switzerland), Pole-Air (France) and Superior Air (Greece).
For more information, please contact Jeroen Peddemors:
+31 (0)88 – 122 122 1
About Leading Helicopter Academies (LHA)
- Consists of 10 EASA approved training organizations (ATO) and specialist trainers;
- Total fleet of 150 helicopters;
- 16,000 annual training hours;
- 80 flight instructors spread over 22 European bases;
- Over 3,000 helicopter pilots have already taken their education at one of the schools in the network;
- Learn more about Europe’s first network of helicopter academies: https://www.lha.eu
- Logo and photos available here: https://www.lha.eu/media/
- Twitter: @LHAEurope https://twitter.com/lhaeurope
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/lhaeurope/
- Instagram: @lhaeurope https://www.instagram.com/lhaeurope/
- Facebook: @lhaeurope https://www.facebook.com/lhaeurope