A HELICOPTER FLYING LESSON OR BECOMING A HELICOPTER PILOT?
From trial lessons to complete helicopter training, complete with helicopter license
HeliCentre is a young and professional flight school that offers helicopter pilot training courses.
We cater for courses at every level: from private pilot to pilot instructor. In addition, with us you can train to become a helicopter pilot examiner.
From trial lesson to full training
Do you want to train to be a helicopter pilot? Do you want to try out flying a helicopter through a test flying lesson? HeliCentre offers these trial lessons.
7 days a week, a multitude of instructors
We offer training courses with state-of-the-art and safe helicopters at competitive prices. Besides, we have a rich variety of training vehicles and instructors. This allows us to offer continuity of your training course. After all, at HeliCentre you can start your training at any given moment, and train with us seven days a week.
Apart from a solid education, we also value having a good time. Flying is a serious business, but one should also have fun doing so.
Certified (civil and military)
We are IL&T certified (Civil Aviation Authority). In addition, we are the only civil helicopter school in the Netherlands that has been credited by the Dutch Defence Department.
Are you interested in one of our training courses, but would you first like to get to know us better? An introduction flight, a trial flying lesson or a a starter’s package (contains five flying hours) are all easy to arrange. If any of those don’t get you hooked on flying helicopters, we don’t know what will!
Many students have preceded you at HeliCentre over the past few years, both for their theoretical and practical training. We believe outstanding quality, safety and personal guidance are of paramount importance
You will learn how to fly helicopters in a so-called “modular course”, which means that you:
- Will always start your PPL when you haven’t yet gotten your flying license;
- If you’d like, after getting your PPL you can go on to train for your CPL;
- Determine your own pace. You may be taking one flying lesson a week, or one a day;
- You can enjoy our courses on top of your work or studying.
Up-to-date study material
- All flight tasks have been included in our A-Z flight training manual. We have poured our combined years of experience and knowledge into it, which makes it a unique and IL&T (Civil Aviation Authority) accredited study document. You will receive your personal version of this study document when booking our PPL-, CPI- or FI training with us;
- Theoretical knowledge can be found in especially selected books by prominent authors that take you through the extensive study material in a comprehensive manner;
- Mock exams are a good indication of whether you are ready to take your theoretical exams.
We also offer
- Personal guidance on a one-to-one basis. Taking extra private lessons is a viable option;
- A spacious building that houses several class rooms fitted out with PCs, beamers, WIFI and other study materials;
- A nice communal space to relax. It offers a great view of the take-off- and landing strip of Lelystad Airport;
- Many opportunities to meet other students and experienced helicopter pilots alike. Exchange knowledge and share experiences;
- Extra opportunities to grow. For example, students are allowed to participate in actual flight operations, as ground crew;
- Organised flights abroad to gain experience.
To fly independently, a medical check is mandatory. You must pass an EASA medical check:
For more information, please visit the IL&T website.
In some cases, the costs of our courses can be claimed back from the tax office for training purposes, either for you (income tax-wise) or for your company. For more information, please contact your tax office or your tax advisor.